Sunday, 12 February 2012

'Thoughts Unprovoked'


Today in the farms of my windy mind,
I heard the shrieks of a lonely child.
Fatigued by the turn of the seasons alike,
he decides to elope with the thoughts of his like.


Behind he left the seeds that he sowed,
trudging ahead against the wind that still blowed.
Beyond the blue he saw his instincts fly,
devil still prowled but couldn’t falter his try.


Never had he cherished a freedom so sublime,
living a destitute life along the windows of time.
Laboring along the unknown tracks in his farm,
sight of the exit brought whistles of melodious calm.


The gate to his desire glared in the moonlit night,
his heart gave a shiver as he saw it bolted tight.
Dropping to his knees, he cried into the ominous dark,
“oh father, u shan’t shackle me in this monotonous ark”.


Every day I move about seeking my life’s very essence,
realizing not my addiction to my mind’s own non-sense.
Wheeling around in the amaranthine mazes of my mind,
I dragged my heart along till it turned berserk and totally blind.


Yesterday when I saw a soul of superior intellect trapped in this abyss,
I asked myself “why is he here? Why, with that intellect of his”.
Today when I woke and realized the shame of my own mindlessness,
I decided to ask my innocent heart, “isn’t it time to open that gate of consciousness?”.

                                                                                                                                                              -    Srku

No comments:

Post a Comment