Sunday, 12 February 2012

Bouquet of Odds........My very first poem........


…Bouquet of Odds…


I lament at the fate of my soul,
the very soul for which I solemnly persist.
Every day goes by with those reveries,
of the past where we flocked in unison.
           
Basked in the glory of my materialistic feats,
I forget what my soul actually yearned for!
I pledge forward to a new tomorrow,
Knowing in vain of the battered yesterday.

What I search is a glimpse of hope,
a ray of light, a path to follow,
for I don’t know where it did abscond,
leaving me in solitary disarray.

As I surge through these reminiscences,
realizations of my mistakes dawn on me.
Inappropriate crazes at the most convenient times,
were my devils, now my grief.

Treading past those reclusive paths,
a blissful breath of renaissance soars in me.
Sparks from my inner anvil have triggered,
a burst of vigor to move on.

I search for words to conclude,
but find none in my rusty quiver.
Cobwebs have been cleared and visions I see,
reciprocating tracks of someone long lost.

                                                           -Srk

No comments:

Post a Comment