Saturday, 7 September 2013

The City Lights!


The city lights glimmer in the perimeter,
like the stars dispersed from a big bang!
They feel like faraway and moving on,
leaving me astray in the terrace of my apartment!

It feels like they are
or rather were
the light that once
illuminated my life, my heart and my spirit!
But now I realize of my presence in darkness,
an unknown; undeserved;
devoid of all human charisma!
Wrecked and devastated by the bang at heart!

The world around shines; sparkles, it seems,
obnoxious and suave; courtesy of my ruins!
A world bound on sucking its son’s blood,
sacrilegious in the ominous compulsion to torch him alive!

I yearn to close down these redundant sights!
Slimy slits mellowed down by the indefinite flow of agony;
oh, put the curtains down!
The dawn shall come before that, I say and hope.
For light shall replace my dark spaces,
and decimate those voltage differences;
save me from their suzerainty,
for they linger only in the dark!
-          Sree

No comments:

Post a Comment