Thursday, 26 March 2015

The Attainable Pleasures


how the world dropped in front of me
to the fancy of the unpredictable!
how the trust I had bestowed in people
hiccuped under the veil of their callousness!
how the dirty mind of mine was not
infallible enough to figure out how i would fail!

all that i have aimed at,
all that i have wanted,
all that i wished for,
where lost into
the clamour of the world
just in the little snap of the fingers!
Like a pack of cards!

i am the improbable victim
of the probable fate of being
thrilled and enchanted
by the most trivial and basic of human longings;
the most non-sensical of human wantings;
the most fleeting of the human yearnings!

Now I know!
I would waste my life in the pursuit
of lesser aspired pleasures,
lesser marketed feelings,
lesser invaded memories!
A laugh with my friends,
a peg with the same friends,
a trip with the same friends!
A family that cares,
and cares not about my selfish wanderings!
A true love that I may never get!
The joy of finishing a poem!
The bliss of living with no expectations
but the very worst among the best!
And hope! There is always hope!
Like the sweet mango
sucked and licked and famished,
leaving the seed;
at once a spent one and an insipid one
but nevertheless a future provider of sweetness;
life goes on banking on those
seedlings of hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment