Thursday, 26 March 2015

Give me new eyes.....


Oh Lord, Give me new eyes!
Take away the ones that bleed!
Eyes as opaque as my grief!
Oh Lord, Grant me new eyes!
Let me see your world through those!
Give me eyes that will place me in debt!
That would make me love all
that you place in front of it!
Let me regret the passing of time
that made me want to be in that debt!
Let the tears I shed through it be
alms that I have offered to the world than
sorrow that I drove myself to succumb!
Let me see the present from the past
and the past from the future
and make out nothing much than
what you intended for me!
Tell me you intended something for me!
Let me soar through your skies
with the images produced by those eyes!
Let me learn to operate it
the right way than the most common way!
Let me see you through the maze
in bucolic random observations
and never be forgotten of my debt!
Let me see people as they really are!
Let me see people as they ought to be!
Let me see the people who like me
better than the people who I like!
Give me new eyes! Oh Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment