You are leaving, dude, I know,
not for the freedom of life,
but from the boredom of life.
You seek for the faraway bitter truth,
which I recognize, insinuated in your placid smile.
These are times of despair, dude,
and a yearning for a seat beside you.
Though you are the one leaving,
you know not of the vacancy you create,
and of the silent comradeship of my soul.
Tears surpass all in the journey of life,
but I wish not to shed it,
wishing just to nurture it in my eyes,
soaking and sulking in your missing.
Wise is man, but cannot forestall his emotions,
and they flow, as perspiration, as tears, as blood.
Sweat, that pungent dislodge, we share,
Blood, the rhythmic up heave, we share,
But the tears, mine, do you care, let alone share?
For in the constant deluge of my grief,
I fear, I may lose our memories,
cradled between the best pages of my life,
having made an impression,
compressed by the very pressures of life.
And I fear, drenching in my tears,
I may lose those lessons that you leave,
as my heart is but just a book,
scribbled with the life around me,
and that includes what you wrote in your haste.
Inevitably, I decide,
let my tears be shed,
salting my mortal organic cheeks,
but my soul be left to fly,
sweetened in the promise of sky.
A farewell, I do yearn for my passing soul,
more than for the journey you fore take,
as I detest and cannot accept, dude,
that you must and can, go.
Brothers we stay, in the passing of time,
Brothers we stay, in the longing for life,
for our kites fly in their preset paths,
which at least is why, we let them off.
- Sree
No comments:
Post a Comment